When you have a plumbing emergency, the first thing you do when hunting for a plumber is Google “plumber near me.” When the long list comes up, how can you determine which plumber you should go with? Here is how to choose the right plumber near you following an emergency.
What Constitutes a Plumbing Emergency?
Plumbing emergencies are never expected, they can happen at any moment and throw a real wrench in your typical home activities. Plumbing emergencies look different in each household. Here are a few common plumbing emergencies you need to call a plumber ASAP to fix if you want to avoid potentially expensive repairs.
- Burst pipe: Could be from a clog, weak piping, extreme temperatures, or higher pressure.
- Sewer backup: Could be from a clog, broken sewer pipe, tree roots invading waterflow.
- Flooding: Flooding could be from a number of different plumbing related issues and there is not always a quick answer as to what caused the problem unless you get it diagnosed by a plumber.
These are only a few instances of plumbing emergencies, if you’re ever questioning whether or not something constitutes an emergency, it’s always in your best interest to ask a professional. You’ll be better off safe than sorry in one of these situations.
Finding the Right Emergency Plumber
- The very first thing you need to know is if they are open. Some plumbers will advertise dealing with emergencies but aren’t available 24 hours a day. You cannot predict when an emergency is going to happen, so make sure the plumber you go with can help you immediately.
- Next, find their proximity to you. When you have an emergency, you need a team who can get to you quickly and prevent further damage. Take a look at the locations of each plumbing company and how long it will take them to reach you.
- Call your options and get an estimate. Just because you’re experiencing a plumbing emergency doesn’t mean you need to pay a premium! On each call, explain the situation and get a quote. Compare the quotes from multiple locations and go with the one that works best for you.
- Read the reviews before making your decision. Reading reviews can give you a good idea about the kind of service you can expect. This is an essential step you should not skip. The last thing you need during an emergency is to hire a plumber who only makes the issues worse.